Dr. A. MADHUSUDANA RAO BIODATA
(M.Sc. Ph.D., B.Ed.)
Date of Birth 10‑11‑1960
Present address Dr. A. Madhusudana Rao,
Lecturer in Botany,
Jawahar Bharati Collage,
KAVALI ‑ 524 202.
Nellore Dist. A.P. India.
Title Floristic Studies on the flora of Cuddapah District, A. P.
Research Centre in Botany,
Research 1. As Research fellow in Botanical Experience Survey of India project on district flora of Cuddapah district (1983‑88).
2. Additional Research work other than Ph.D Associated with Sriharikota flora project sponsored by ISRO from 1988‑90.
3. A major Joint research project was sanction by ISRO on 5‑6‑96 titled, Ethanobotanical Studies of Sriharikota Island the author is included as Co‑investigator.
Awards & Titles 1. Won first place in Cuddapah District science fair for structure of eye in 1974‑75.
2. Awarded M/s Ranka cables
endowment prize by
3. Awarded as Fellow of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy in 1992 for contribution in Angiosperm Taxonomy by Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy. (F.I.A.A.T.)
4. Member for Indian Botanical Society.
5. Member for Indian Science Congress Association.
Conferences and Work Shops
1. Participated in All India Work
Shop on District flora conducted
the Botanical survey of
2. Attended 73 rd conference of
Indian Science Congress
Association held in
3. Attended National Symposium sponsored by U.G.C. on Biology & Utility of wild plants at South Gujarat University & Presented a paper on Floristic Wealth of Veligonda hill Ranges in 1987.
4. Attended a work shop on medicinal plants sponsored by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Govt. of India held at Tirupati & presented a paper on Some medicinal Plants of Cuddapah District, 1990.
5. Attended National Seminar on
Prospects and problems Of
6. Attended a national seminar and presented a paper
of Cuddapah district for a symposium on medicinal
Research Publications :
1. The flora of
2. On the Occurrence of Capparis Roxburghii DC in Andhra Pradesh. J.Econ.Tax.Bot. Vol.7, No.3, 1985.
3. Phytogeographical notes on certain rare & endemic plants from Andhra Pradesh. J.Econ.Tax.Bot. Vol.11, No.2, 1987.
4. An Assessment of floristic Wealth on Veligonda Hill ranges and environs of the eastern ghats in Andhra Pradesh. In Proceedings of All India Symposium On the Biology & Utility of wild plants.
5. Plants of Pharmacognostic value from cuddapah forest,eastern ghats. In proc.wor.Medicinal Plants. 1990.
6. Turupukanumalalo Veligonda parvata srenula py urukshavana sampada vati Awasyakatha in Telugu journal, 1989.